Pre-Law Services at NC State are offered through the Career Development Center. Through Pre-Law Services, students receive guidance on preparing for law school, taking the LSAT, and applying to law school. Students have the opportunity to learn and network through experiential learning programs, internships, seminars and workshops, and the annual Law School Fair.
Advising Hours and Location
Pre-Law advising sessions are available by appointment. To make an appointment, please email the Pre-Law Advisor:
Law School Fair
Join the Listserv
Joining our Google Group listserv allows for you to receive valuable information about opportunities such as job/shadowing experience and other events and content that will help you in building a strong application for health professions programs. To join, click “Sign in to view this group,” make sure you are signed-in with your NC State Gmail account, and then click “Apply for Membership.”
PLSA at NC State
The NC State Pre-Law Students’ Association (PLSA) is a student group focused on providing opportunities for students planning on attending law school. The PLSA hosts monthly meetings with guest speakers that include professors, representatives from various law schools, lawyers, and current law students. The PLSA also offers students opportunities for community service and campus involvement.
- Find them at GET INVOLVED.
- Find them on Facebook.
- NC students receive a discount from The Princeton Review for LSAT prep courses.
- Applying to law school
- Law School Admissions Council (LSAC)
- ABA 509 Required Disclosures – http://www.abarequireddisclosures.org/
- Boston College Law School Locator
- The Boston College Online Law School Locator gives you an idea of what schools you are most likely to be accepted into based on your GPA and LSAT score.
- Test Prep
- Helpful resources include:
- LSAC: LSAT Prep Tools – https://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/preptools/ – the materials are developed by the same organization that administers the LSAT
- Khan Academy – https://www.khanacademy.org/prep/lsat – free online videos developed in collaboration with LSAC
- Princeton Review, Kaplan, ExamKrackers, PowerScore and more. Student discounts are often available and Princeton Review has an office in the Talley Student Union, Room 2121.